WeChat is one of the most popular social media platforms, and it is gaining new users day by day. It has over 100 million users on Android, and it has over 1 billion users globally. Wechat is extremely fun and offers many amazing features. One of such features is its Group chat feature which allows you to create a group and invite people to it. In this article, you will learn how to invite someone to your group in WeChat. But, first let’s see how to make a group in your WeChat. So what are you waiting for? Let’s dive in.
How to Create a Group in WeChat?
If you want to create a new group, then these steps will help you to do just that. You can easily start a group and add some of your contact to it. Once the group is made, you will be able to start a conversation with your chosen contacts.
1. Open your WeChat.
2. Now on your top-right corner, you will see a ‘+’ button there. Press it.
3. After that, tap on the “Group Chat” option.
4. Thereafter, choose the people that you want to add in this group.
5. Finally hit the OK button.
How to Add People to Your Group Chat on WeChat?
Now the group is created, and you already have added some contacts to your group. But what if you want to add more people to it? This section will tell you how to do just that. One method to add people in the existing WeChat group is to send the QR code to them through a different messenger such as WhatsApp or Gmail. With the help of that QR code, one can be added to the group anytime.
Another way to add people to the group is to do it manually by yourself. Let’s see how the process goes:
- Navigate to the group chat in which you want to add the person.
- Once you reached there, hit the “…”(three dots) Button.
- Now go to the ‘+’ icon.
- Choose the contacts which you want to add in your WeChat group.
- After that Hit the Ok button.
Now the people you want in your group are successfully added, and you can add more people whenever you want.
How to Remove Someone from the Group Chats?
Only a group admin or leader can remove people from a group. If you are the admin, then you have the authority to remove contacts from it. Here’s how to remove a contact from a group in WeChat:
- Navigate to the Group Chat on your device.
- locate and press the “…” button.
- Now look for the contact which you want to take out from your group.
- After that long-press the person’s profile image until you see a red circle.
- Click the red circle in order to remove the person from the group chat.
If that person still has a QR code invitation from you, then they can rejoin your group without your permission. If you want someone to rejoin the group, then go ahead and add them manually as we did before.
Ava Williams is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.