The One Plus series brings in the latest features and hardware in the market. The one thing that has been reported as inconsistent by the users is the camera for the device. If you want a permanent solution for the problem, then read the article and get the work done.
There were two featured smartphones launched by One Plus in 2019 as the successor of OnePlus 6T. The smartphones offer fantastic performance and features which does not leave the users to ask for much in that department. After the criticism for Oneplus 6T’s camera, Oneplus is attaching Sony’s IMX586 camera sensor, but this still works inconsistently. If you are looking for a smooth camera fix, then Google Camera is your answer.
Steps to install Google Camera on your One Plus are given below.
Steps to Install Google Camera on OnePlus 7:
- First, you have to download an APK file of G CAM on your device. You can find the file online easily.
- Now you have to move the downloaded file to the internal storage of your device.
- Install the application. If the device asks to enable installation from unknown sources, then press yes, and proceed with the installation.
- Once you have enabled installation from unknown resources, you will be able to see the install option available.
- After the installation is done, two options are shown, “Open and Done”.
- Tap open and launch the G CAM on your device.
- After that open the settings tab on your device.
- Under the settings tab, press Mod Settings and locate “Advanced”.
- Click on Fix option under the Advanced.
- You have to change your viewfinder format into YUV.
- Now restart the G CAM, and you are all set to click smooth and smart edge pics on your OnePlus 7 device.
For OnePlus 7 Pro you have to follow the below mentioned steps.
Steps to Install Google Camera on OnePlus 7 Pro:
Follow the first three steps as mentioned above and then:
- Open the G CAM and locate More.
- Choose settings and then General option.
- Save the settings and a window will appear asking to enter configs name. This step is going to create a folder in your internal memory named G CAM.
- Go to files and copy the config file downloaded in .xml format. Move the file to the G CAM, folder created earlier.
- You have to delete the already existing configs settings.
- Open the G CAM and tap twice on the button in between the shutter and gallery icon.
- A pop-up will appear with the downloaded config file.
- Tap on Restore and exit.
- Restart the G CAM, and the camera will now be working on your OnePlus 7 pro.
JEANNE E. WINFIELD is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at mcafee.com/activate, and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.